Sunday, October 3, 2021

"Seven Days in June" by Tia Williams



I first discovered Tia Williams when I read "The Perfect Find."  Liked it so much, I read it twice.

"Seven Days in June" was so different from "The Perfect Find."  I expected it to be a spinoff.  I'm glad it wasn't.  

So completely different and intoxicating.  I love Black Love.  If you've ever had a teen love that you've never forgotten, you'll totally get it.  I think we sometimes forget how hard we love in our youth.  I needed to remember what that was like.  Age can jade you. It can also make you see what you weren't able to see when you're living it.

A multi-layered love story.  Like peeling an onion.  

I especially appreciated the flaws in the characters, the fact that it was realistic, not sugar-coated, erotic, poetic and so many other adjectives I could use to describe what is one of my favorite reads of this year.

Highly recommend.




No comments: