Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Revisiting a Classic: Terry McMillan's "Disappearing Acts"

I hear people say that blogs are dead.  I disagree.  I hear people say that newspapers are dead.  I refuse to let them die.  I hear people say that physical books are dead.  There will never be anything that compares to the feel of a book in your hand.

And while I never intended for this to be a blog about books, I ran across an interesting Twitter conversation this week that made me realize that there are some people who are totally missing out on some great works of art because we, as a society, are always looking for the next "new thing."

I'm so excited to see so many new Black authors and books out there, but I wanted to remind folks that there are some classics that have yet to be discovered by a lot of people.

One such book, "Disappearing Acts" by Terry McMillan should be required reading for all Black women.  

If you're not familiar with Terry McMillan (you probably won't be on this page), you're really missing a wonderful writer.  And if you haven't read "Disappearing Acts," do yourself a favor and pick up a copy from your local library or bookstore.  It's a story like no other.


No comments: