Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do The Right Thing




This is not a political blog. I repeat this is not a political blog.

That said, I would be remiss in my role as a mother if I simply ignored the trial of Johannes Mehserle currently underway in Los Angeles. Mehserle is the former BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) police officer on trial in connection with the murder of Oscar Grant on New Year's Day 2009.

I do not know if Mehserle will be found guilty of murder or a lesser charge. I do not know what happened on the BART train that early morning. I was not there. I hope that the jurors will do the right thing in deciding Mr. Mehserle's fate. I hope that the public will do the right thing in response to the verdict (whatever it may be).

The prosecution has rested its case and now the defense is at bat. Study the facts of the case for yourself and make your own determinations.

But, remember, everyone - please "Do The Right Thing."

No comments: