Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"The Education of Nia Simone Bijou" E-Initial from Penguin Books and Eric Jerome Dickey




Honestly, I think that Eric Jerome Dickey is the only author I read who can embarrass me, thrill me, educate me and entertain me all at the same time.

Confession:  I had to give up reading his books a few years ago because I enjoyed them too much.  And, then, I accepted that life is short - you gotta get your pleasure where you can.

And he can bring pleasure to the page like no one else.  Who needs "Fifty Shades?"  I've got EJD and he's much more literary and relate-able for me!

Last week, I was looking for something to read and I thought, "It's about time for Eric Jerome Dickey to have a new book."  Bam.  There it was.  An "e-initial" (okay, didn't even know what this was) of "The Education of Nia Simone Bijou" which is the prequel to his soon-to-be-released novel, "Decadence."

Downloaded it for 1.99.  Yep.  One dollar and ninety-nine cents and read it last Friday night.

Talk about a walk down memory lane.  I had to stop a couple of times to think about how naive I was. 

And "the best is yet to come."  

"Decadence" hits bookstores on April 23, 2013!

 Synopsis:

From her first days at Virginia’s Hampton University, impressionable, creative Nia falls smitten with Chris Eidos Alleyne, an athlete and a scholar.

“Love is sweet nothings and beautiful promises,” Nia writes in her journal. What her girlfriends know, and her mother doesn’t, is that Chris’s expression of love is deeply physical. Wielding powerful charisma, Chris soon has Nia abandoning innocence for experience.

Believing that Chris will reward her sacrifices with lifelong commitment, Nia thrills to her newfound pleasures. She knows in her heart that each act of intimacy draws them ever closer. But when the Big Man on Campus learns to take what is freely given, without regard to love, Nia finds herself newly enrolled in Heartbreak 101.

The Education of Nia Simone Bijou is a rousing tale of youthful passion, once kindled, never extinguished.  *(from Penguin Books



Download "The Education of Nia Simone Bijou" today at amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com




No comments: