Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Zimmerman Verdict

I really tried to stay away from this topic.  Only because it's impossible for me to think or talk about without getting upset.

I have to be honest and say, I haven't followed the coverage very closely.  Only saw snippets of the trial, but enough to know early on, that Zimmerman would not be convicted.  I couldn't bear to immerse myself in it and still navigate through corporate America.

I think Zimmerman's brother's smug attitude, throughout the events, pretty much gave us a clue that he knew something that some of us didn't.  A jury of George's peers would never convict him.

Last night, I saw the anonymous juror on CNN and she talked about how basically Trayvon Martin was responsible for his own death.

Forget stand your ground, this boils down to good old American white folks sticking together.  Even our Hispanic brothers and sisters seemed to align themselves with Zimmerman.  I mean, face it, George was drifting between two worlds.  A minority when it was convenient for him.  Top that off with the fact that his father is a retired federal judge.

And isn't it funny how the same people who wanted to crucify OJ for "getting away with murder," want to hail George Zimmerman as a hero.

Hug your children.  Especially your black boys.  There's a war going on and it's on homeland soil.

Only in America.

No comments: