Sunday, March 2, 2014

Will "12 Years" Take Home An Oscar? - UPDATE: BEST PICTURE "12 YEARS A SLAVE!"



This is the first time in recent memory that I recall being excited about the Academy Awards.

Honestly, I've always considered it to be tailored to a white audience.  Oh, sure there have been a few times in history where one of our own has taken home the Oscar, but for the most part, it's not about us.  And, no Black movie has ever taken home "Best Picture."

So, tonight, I'll be watching, hoping and praying to see history made.

I admit, I haven't seen every movie that was nominated but I've seen more than half, and I don't think there is one that deserves the Oscar more than "12 Years A Slave."

While excruciatingly painful to watch, it not only delivered a great story, it hit a home run on every cinematic level.

So to the Academy, I say, "Here's your chance.   Tonight is your chance.  Do the right thing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yessssssssssssa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!