Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Winner of Victoria Christopher Murray's "Stand Your Ground"

Yes, just yes!

This is a really good book.

So different from anything that I've read from this author.  

I especially liked the way the story was told in two parts and from the perspective of two different women.  I don't want to give anything away, so I won't go into a lot of detail. 

This is the right book at the right time.  

Janice Johnson's son has been murdered and as we've heard all too many times before, the shooter is using the "Stand Your Ground" defense.  I have to admit until the murder of Trayvon Martin, I had never even heard of this defense.

But it's not just Janice Johnson (who, by the way, is a stronger woman than me for sure) that you get to know, you also come to know Meredith Spencer, the wife of the accused killer.

This was very cleverly written and held my attention to the very end.  

This is one for the library.

And, now we have a WINNER!

The winner of the free copy of "Stand Your Ground" by Victoria Christopher Murray compliments of Simon and Schuster is Miss Pearl from San Francisco.  

No comments: