Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Republican National Convention - One Party I'm Happy Not to have been Invited to Attend



I think of myself as a political person.  I try to keep up with current events.  And, like anyone who's paying attention, I'm freaked out about the upcoming presidential election.


I'm also mourning the impeding loss of the smartest, hippest and most compassionate First Couple to occupy the White House.  As the legacy of President Obama starts to wind down, I think it's safe to say that we'll never have another POTUS that is as comfortable in the barber shop as he is on "the Hill," and there will almost certainly not be another FLOTUS who is just as comfortable with heads of state as she is with Beyoncé and Jay-Z.


However, this week's shenanigans, and I do mean shenanigans, make me so happy to be a card-carrying member of the Democratic Party.  Donald Trump (or as I like to call him "Donald the Chump") and his crew are making me embarrassed for them.  Even if they don't have the common sense to be embarrassed for themselves.


I will admit that I've enjoyed watching the evening recaps.  At the end of a long day, I can use a chuckle or two.


And, while I can't blame Ivanka Trump for endorsing her dad, I don't think I'll ever buy a pair of her shoes again.



No comments: