Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Chicken and Dumplings for here and one Smokey Robinson CD to go, please"



Smokey Robinson has become the first African American singer to be featured for sale in Cracker Barrel's exclusive CD line. Now, I know all the news we've heard about Cracker Barrel in the past hasn't always been in "our favor," but let's give Cracker Barrel their props for their efforts to diversify. Somebody had to be first. Who better than the 70 year old Motown legend?

I'm sorry but I do love their food, especially the chicken and dumplings, and anywhere I visit that has a Cracker Barrel, I have to stop in. . .look for them on "I-10." And if you don't happen to run into a Cracker Barrel on your travels, at least order Smokey's CD, titled, "Now and Then" online. The CD features 12 songs. Six are live versions of classics including “Going to a Go-Go,” “I Second That Emotion,” “The Tracks of My Tears,” and “The Tears of a Clown,” recorded in 2010.

Don't hate the player - hate the game! Order the CD. You know you want to! :)

www.crackerbarrel.com

No comments: