Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Is Wrong With This Picture?


Phylicia Simone Barnes, a star high school student from North Carolina went missing in Baltimore in late December 2010. Her father, Russel Barnes said that a female body found yesterday in the Susquehanna River in Maryland was hers.

According to reports, the teenage honor student from a suburb of Charlotte was going out to get something to eat and maybe a haircut when she left a residence in Baltimore where she'd been staying with her half-sister.

The problem I have is this - I never heard about this story until today. I will admit that I have been working pretty hard this year and haven't kept up with the national news as much as I should have.

However, I'm pretty sure if she were white, I would have heard about her. I hear about Holly Bobo, the 20 year old missing Tennessee woman every single morning on the news. And she's only been gone for a week.

For more information, check out The Charlotte Observer

No comments: