Thursday, December 1, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE GRAMMY NOMINEES, BUT ESPECIALLY KANYE WEST FOR "SONG OF THE YEAR" - "ALL OF THE LIGHTS"




As a mother, I worry about Kanye West.

I think about my own daughter and what her life would be like if I were suddenly gone. Oh sure, he's wealthy and famous and over the top and a bunch of other things. But we're all something.

But, first of all, he's human. He's young. And he can make mistakes. I've been the first to criticize him at times, but after the Taylor Swift incident (which, only helped her), he seemed different. Maybe he realized that he hadn't really come to grips with the loss of his mom.

I don't want to turn a happy post into a downer. I just want to say "shout out" to Kanye and his team and all the other African American artists who were nominated and those who should have been.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace and blessings,



Song Of The Year (Nomination)

All Of The LightsJeff Bhasker, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie)
Track from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
[Roc-A-Fella; Publishers: Very Good Beats/Hip Hop Since 1978].

No comments: