Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FACEBOOK FRIENDS AND THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

This morning, I logged onto facebook and checked my homepage and found a big surprise.

A woman who is one of my “friends,” a former co-worker, had shared an ad for Mitt Romney, which said “Like if you support Mitt Romney.” My first reaction was, “when facebook adds a middle-finger option, I’ll be using that one for Mitt.”

I was disappointed. What to do now? I’ve always heard that “friends don’t let friends vote Republican.” Seriously, how could this woman be a friend of mine and a friend of Mitt’s too? Somehow, that doesn’t seem quite right.

I asked someone, “Would you de-friend a person who supports Mitt Romney?” The answer (from a fellow POTUS supporter) was, “No, I don’t think you should. People are entitled to their opinions.” Of course, I “hid” her post, but I can’t help but think that maybe I never really knew her at all.

I don’t want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I’m thinking that at least until the outcome of November’s election, she’ s going to get the boot.

What Would You Do?

No comments: