Thursday, January 8, 2015

"Let The Church Say "Amen!"" - Rest In Paradise, Andrae Crouch


Andraé Edward Crouch 
(July 1, 1942 – January 8, 2015) 

I was surprised and saddened to look on social media tonight and learn that Andrae Crouch had passed away from complications of a heart attack.  Apparently, I had missed the news earlier in the week that he had been hospitalized.

I was just as surprised to realize he was 72 years old.  That's not old by today's standards by any means, but Andrae Crouch was one of those artists whose voice remained so strong and his music so timeless that he appeared ageless.

I had recently promised myself to spend more time looking inward and getting in touch with my spiritual self and devoting more time to prayer, realizing that love of God is certainly more than going to church.

"Let the Church Say Amen."


No comments: