Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Book Review: "Getting to Happy" by Terry McMillan



I recently finished Terry McMillan's most recent novel, "Getting to Happy." I had been waiting for another book from her after "The Interruption of Everything," which I loved. "Getting to Happy" was worth the wait. I could have devoured this book in one sitting but opted to take small bites because I didn't want it to end.

It was so good catching up with Bernadine, Robin, Savannah and Gloria. I loved them all so much in "Waiting to Exhale," and they didn't disappoint in this sequel. I could relate to them on so many different levels and that's all I'm going to say on the subject here!

And even though I didn't agree with all of their decisions, I certainly respected and appreciated them for making their own choices.

Terry McMillan is winding up her book tour, but if you're in the Oakland area this weekend, Marcus Books will honoring her during their 50th Anniversary Celebration.

For more information on this event, call Marcus Books at (510) 652-2344.

No comments: