Saturday, June 11, 2011

Star Power! "Satan's Sisters" by Star Jones





I had the pleasure of meeting Star Jones at Barnes and Noble in El Cerrito, California last night as she was promoting her new book, "Satan's Sisters." I was happy that a sister-friend had called me up a couple days before and told me that while shopping in the store, she learned out about the Star Jones event. I'm not sure why the appearance wasn't better publicized because we all know that Star has drawing power. But that's a whole other blog.

Anyhow, I will admit that I was a little skeptical about what to expect. I thought that Star Jones would be this "diva," who would not interact with the audience and would be cold and unapproachable. I have followed her career since her days as a legal analyst for NBC, but had never had the opportunity to see her in person.

I was most pleasantly surprised. Not only was she smart (which we already knew), but she was funny, open, honest, down to earth and it felt like an evening with a group of girlfriends.

If you haven't purchased the book yet, I would encourage you to do so. I haven't read it yet, but I have a feeling that we're going to recognize a lot of the characters from her near-decade on "The View."

"Satan's Sisters" by Star Jones is available in bookstores everywhere. Check it out.

Peace and Blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also totally surprised about how personable she was when I had the opportunity to go to one of her book signings. It was akin to a session with a Life Coach. Star Shined! She was so open, honest, approachable and warm. She is obviously genius-level smart. She read passages from Satan's Sisters, but she also shared some of her very personal life and career experiences. I wish Star all of the best with her writing career.